6 Things Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Excels At
Posted on 03 June 2016
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil has an Amazingly Beautiful Scent, and is a Useful Yet Lesser Known Essential Oil.
Here are 6 things that Ylang Ylang excels at addressing:
Common essential oils, like lavender, lemon and Frankincense might be well known to everyday essential oil users and those who aren’t regular users, but, ylang ylang essential oil is something many have never heard before. It has only recently been introduced to modern society.
What is Ylang Ylang Essential Oil?
Ylang Ylang essential oils are all-natural pure oils extracted from the fresh flowers of the Ylang Ylang tree. Found in the some South Pacific and Asian Island rain forests such as Java, Indonesia, Philippines, and Polynesia, the extraction happens through the common steam distillation process, like many other certified organic essential oil extractions.
Some recognizable components of the ylang ylang essential oil are what give it a delicate and agreeable aroma and it’s medicinal properties. They include compounds like benzyl acetate, benzyl benzoate, and methyl benzoate which are common in many different products like makeup and perfumes!
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Uses
There are many wonderful uses for Ylang Ylang Essential Oil. It excels at the following.
- An Antidepressant: The oldest known property of the ylang ylang plant is that it fights depression. Using ylang ylang essential oils causes a relaxing environment which helps to relieve anxiety, stress, and sadness. It is thought to bring out feelings of hope and lighten your mood.
- An Aphrodisiac: Ylang ylang essential oils are great for couples! entice romance and improve your sex life by bringing ylang ylang into the bedroom. The double effect of relaxing your mood and increasing your desires can help with the loss of libido after a stressful day.
- Anti-seborrheic: Eczema of the Seborrheic or Seborrhea kind is an inflammatory skin infection that causes dry or greasy, peeling skin. It occurs around hair follicles like on the scalp and eyebrows. Rubbing ylang ylang essential oil over the affected areas reduces redness, inflammation, and irritation. It is thought to help decrease the effects of the infection with its medicinal properties.
- An Antiseptic: Wounds are at risk for infection when not properly treated and infection and lead to sepsis. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil inhibits microbial growth and helps disinfect wounds to prevent any infections from forming in the first place. The oil protects against bacteria, virus, and fungus and is thought to decrease healing time.
- Lowering Blood Pressure: High blood pressure is a common problem among people of all ages. The ylang ylang essential oils are effective in lowering blood pressure when taken in prescribed quantities.
- Aiding Sleep and the Nervous System: Ylang ylang oil helps create a calming and stress relieving environment which can ease nervous afflictions and induce a relaxing sensation helping you fall asleep faster and decrease the severity of insomnia and fatigue. Thought to strengthen the nervous system ylang ylang essential oil reducess stress on nerves and aids in repairing damage.
Ylang ylang essential oils are great for blending with other oils such as grapefruits, bergamot, and sandalwood. Blend ylang ylang with lavender to create a hydrating moisturizer for your skin. There are so many uses for this versatile essential oil.